Mon, May 15|
Building an Equity Container: Friends and Family Session
For organizational leaders hungry to work through tension, conflict and inertia around racial equity and actually get to transformational change
Time & Location
May 15, 2023, 1:00 PM EDT – May 23, 2023, 3:00 PM EDT
About the event
Is your team struggling to make progress on racial equity? Do your conversations feel like they go nowhere and never get to the root of the problem? Is you team stuck in destructive conflict, or avoiding conflict altogether? If so, your group's equity container may need more attention.
An equity container is the set of conditions that allows groups to do the hard work of dismantling systems of oppression without falling apart in the process. It's possible to create a shared set of understandings, skills and cultural norms that help your group engage in healthier conflict, address power disparities between team members, and get better at getting to the heart of the matter.
You will come away from this workshop with:
- A clearer understanding of what an equity container is and why it matters
- An initial assessment of your group's container, and
- An initial action plan and new tools to build, sustain or repair your group's equity container.
This workshop is for
Organizational leaders hungry for new ways to help their teams embody racial equity and actually get to transformational systems change. You might find particular value in this offering if you:
- Lead a team or an organization
- Serve on one or more nonprofit or foundation boards
- Manage staff
- Are responsible at an org-wide level for DEI, culture, and/or talent
- Are on a DEI working group or committee in your organization.
This is a two-part workshop with sessions on May 15th and May 23rd. Please make sure to hold both dates on your calendar!
Building an Equity Container Part 1Zoom
Building an Equity Container Part IIZoom
Free! (Optional Donation)
This event is free! If you would like to support this work, we are grateful for contributions in whatever amount feels good to you.Pay what you want